Dearest Wild Lights,
We are in unprecedented and historic times. We are monitoring the situation with COVID-19 very closely, with the latest information from the World Health Organization, CDC, and Oregon Health Authority. We are also committed to leading in a socially and ethically responsibility way to keep as many people as safe as possible. We are in a difficult position, as we are aware a consistent yoga practice is so important for many of you as an integral part of your health, wellness, and immune-boosting routine. We also want to take care of our teachers, many of whom rely on our paycheck for their financial stability. At this time, we will remain open with a decreased class schedule, class size limitations, and some even stricter safety/cleaning protocols in place for each of you. Please understand that this decision is subject to change at any moment as new information and new mandates arise. We are fully prepared to close our doors for a time if and when it comes to that.
As of Monday, March 16th, 2020, we will be limiting class size in our hot room to 25 people total. This is more than a 60% reduction in our capacity in order to allow for extra space between mats. Feel free to register online prior to class or just arrive a bit early if you are concerned about getting a spot. If you need an online login and you already have a class package or membership, please call or email Jess or Joey (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will set you up with one.
As of Monday, March 16th, 2020, we will be cancelling the following classes through the end of March:
- ALL Child Care (M-F 9:30am classes, Sat/Sun 11am classes)
- Deep House Vinyasa (scheduled Tuesday 3/17 – we will have a regular 6pm vinyasa class instead)
- Kettlebells for Yogis
- Strength and Conditioning
- Inferno Hot Pilates
- Restorative Yoga
- Foam Rolling
- Prenatal Yoga
- Kundalini Yoga
- Transgender/Gender Diverse Yoga
- Saturday 9am Core 26
We are also implementing the following policies (some of which have been in effect for some time now):
- When you come in for class, please just verbally give your name to the teacher at the desk rather than signing in on our sign in sheet.
- We strongly recommend social distancing, which is one of the hardest things for our community of huggers! Toe bumps, booty bumps, head nods, namastes, big smiles, etc. are all more than welcome as we connect with one another through non-tactile ways!
- Wash your hands before and after class. We have paper towels for drying your hands in each changing room.
- Consider bringing your own mat, towel, and props to class. If you choose to use ours, we have spray bottles with disinfectant available throughout the studio, and we are asking you to spray your own props before and after use.
- If you happen to cough or sneeze, please use a tissue or your elbow sleeve and avoid touching your face or anyone else. Wash your hands!
- If you have any flu-like or respiratory symptoms, no matter how minor, please stay home for the safety and well-being of our community at large.
- The entire studio is cleaned nightly, the yoga room carpet is steam cleaned nightly, and we are wiping down surfaces and doorknobs throughout the day with Clorox wipes.
We honor everyone’s right to make your own decision about what is best for your health and well-being right now as well as the health and well-being of our community at large. If you are choosing not to come in to practice, we are happy to add time to your package or membership as soon as we know how long this is going to last.
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate these times together. We are sending tremendous love to each of you, as well as the world’s biggest virtual hug!
Jess and Joey